Friday, October 30, 2009

Today I am

...reading Ian Rankin's latest novel "The Complaints'. Still stuck in crime fiction though at least I've moved on, momentarily, from the Scandinavians.

...listening to ABC Radio National, my main source of information about the world. I listen to its news programs, but really enjoy the commentary it offers on such things as films, books, health, law and world events.

...watching 'The Private Lives of Pippa Lee' after work today. A film about a fiftyish woman coming to terms with the very diverse stages of her life. Super performances from Robyn Wright Penn and Alan Arkin.

...eating teriyaki chicken with rice and salad. I've been so hungry today.

...drinking fizzy water. I'm trying to lose weight, so I keep no wine in the house...and I need to compensate for the pleasure of bubbly consumed at knitting group last night!

...making Nancy Bush's 'Welsh Country Stockings' and a russet coloured reversible cabled knitted gift scarf.

...waiting for the next stage of my life. I feel as if I'm marking time just now - pleasantly - but marking time.

...wondering what's happening with my son - he's a risk-taker living in quite a dangerous part of the world and is not the best of correspondents. Maybe this is worrying rather than wondering.

...hoping that I can grow older in good health and maintain my independence.

...thinking that I need to organise myself better.

I've borrowed (stolen?) these prompts from a blog I've been enjoying recently - 'Say La Vee'. The blogger, Blackbird, gives running descriptions of 'Survivor' episodes - isn't that wonderful?

3 comments:

Sel and Poivre said...

I too have substituted fizzy mineral water for my evening glass of wine - at least most of the time! For me its a proven way to keep the extra pounds at bay!

jp said...

I can't wait to hear what you think of Pippa Lee.

I really enjoyed the film (even with Keanu).

Bells said...

Yes please write about Pippa Lee. I very much want to see it!

I hope your son is ok.

I stick to fizzy water most nights but Fri/Sat night I let myself off the hook.