Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A Spring frolic

' Frolic'...a playful antic...

Frolic socks 1

I didn't plan to make these socks. The yarn was there, and I found a stripey pattern, and started knitting. They were fun to knit, and easy - a great distraction from more serious or challenging knitting, particularly when I wasn't feeling well.

frolic socks 3

The pattern is Spring Socks by Eveli Kaur and I knitted in 4 row stripes of Noro Silk Garden Sock yarn and Ewe Give Me the Knits! Sock Yarn. I altered the pattern just a little to make the socks knee high. They have a knitted-in hem at the top through which I'll thread elastic to help keep them up.

A frolic...but maybe a bit too much of a frolic for me to wear.  Perhaps they'll make a playful gift.

8 comments:

Rose Red said...

I love a knitting frolic! And nothing could be frolic-ier than stripy knee high socks! I do hope you keep them as I can totally see you rocking the stripy knee highs!

Brendaknits said...

You are right. My first reaction was "So Cool!" But I would only wear them under long pants.

missfee said...

cool as and love them with the shoe combo

a delightful frolic of stripes indeed

DrK said...

they are so amazing, and how good do they look with the sandals. of which i totally need a pair!

Probably Jane said...

Oh go one - wear them - you know you want to! Fab socks.

Emily said...

They're lovely! Think I might have to make some too, to go with my stripy Noro mitts... I'd definitely wear them.

1funkyknitwit said...

These are terrific Lyn ! I know you make many wonderful socks but these I have to say are a personal favorite. They look so fun with your yellow funkis sandals ;)

I love a frolic !

Bells said...

a frolic! Gorgeous! I think maybe you should hold onto them for those days when you feel a bit playful....