Monday, September 21, 2009

Just for the record

The 2009 Personal Sock Club 4 socks are finally finished. Late.

Lichen socks 2

They were due to be finished by July 27, so they're almost two months late. The pattern is Jane Cochran's Hedgerow Socks (free pattern) in Madelinetosh Tosh Sock in Lichen. Restrained, well-written pattern, subtle colour, beautiful yarn.

Lichen socks 3

But these socks have taken so much time and effort that the only emotion I currently feel about them is relief at having finished.

I opened the much delayed Personal Sock Club 5 envelope and found it contained both yarn and pattern. I'm planning to make Jane Lithgow's Cornish Scallop Socks from Araucania Ranco Multy in a pretty combination of aqua and pink-maroon. Jane originally knitted the socks with contrast heels and toes, but I'll just knit from the already varied Araucania.

Cornish socks

I wonder if I can catch up to my schedule by the end of the year? Probably not. Maybe I'll just aim not to fall any further behind.

6 comments:

jp said...

Great socks...congratulations on a great finish.

MY PSC is woefully behind.

I started August without finishing July and September is still in it's packet.

Hmmm the motivation is not there. Shawl flu hit and distracted me.

Bells said...

Am well behind my schedule too. Knitting knee hi socks has thrown me off course entirely!

I know that feeling of relief though when some socks are done. It just happens that way sometimes.

Rose Red said...

Hurrah for finishing!! I too understand that sense of relief at finishing - some patterns just don't do it for me in the same way as others.

I'm pretty sure I'm still on my May socks...there's no chance of catching up for me!

DrK said...

they are gorgeous, and worth waiting for. a perfect combination of yarn and pattern. i will be interested to see how that ranco knits up too. and you know what they say, better late than never.

Probably Jane said...

Lovely socks - very elegant.

I hope you enjoy knitting the Cornish Scallops!

missfee said...

YAY
for socks


and for PSC run at your own pace


and hurrah for the shawl flu I say