Friday, May 6, 2011

A rosy (knitting) future

This is a quick post just to satisfy RoseRed's curiousity about the yarn I bought at Knit Camp last weekend.

Red yarn

As I was photographing it, I was surprised to see just how rosy it looks, all together. Some beautiful Rowan Summer Tweed in a squashed raspberry colour (Rowan has named it 'smoulder', but I prefer 'squashed raspberry), 2 balls of the now discontinued Regia sock yarn in one of the Kaffe Fassett colour-ways (as if I didn't have enough sock yarn) and two skeins of Lang Jawoll Magic in a mixture of pink and burgundy and brown and black and yellow and... I used the Lang Jawoll in a scarf I finished recently but haven't yet blogged about - it's waiting to be blocked - and loved its softness and long colour runs.

I'm a relatively slow if constant knitter and probably have enough yarn for at least a significant part of the rest of my knitting life. But there's always something that's new or beautiful or a good buy or about to be discontinued. There's always an excuse for yarn buying.

6 comments:

Rose Red said...

Weeeeeeeeeeeee! New yarn! Thanks Lyn, it was totally worth it to see this! Love the squashed raspberry summer tweed! Am thinking about making a purchase of this myself!

Anonymous said...

oh yes, always an excuse indeed! its a lovely raspberry colour that rowan, im sure you will make something amazing with it.

missfee said...

Love the red - it is just gorgeous
thanks for posting the photo for Rosered

Sonia said...

I love seeing new yarn purchases! Thanks for sharing :)

Lynne said...

Lovely yarns!

1funkyknitwit said...

I love it all !!! :D